Polyolefin Shrink Film, commonly referred to in the packaging industry as shrink films, is manufactured and classified as a plastic product. During manufacturing, the plastic-based material is manipulated to produce a continuous thin film that is then tightly wound onto thick, layered cardboard rolls commonly referred to as cores.
Shrink-wrap rolls are produced in various lengths and widths; roll lengths range from 1,100 to 17,500 linear feet and roll widths range from 3 to 70 inches. Available roll lengths and widths vary depending upon the shrink-wrap wind and type.
There are a variety of shrink films types. Each shrink films type is designed with special characteristics to meet specific packaging needs. For example, Sealed Air's Cryovac line consists of 9 different shrink films - each provide product-tailored performance.
- Abuse resistant/bundling
- Extremely wide operating window
- Soft shrink for soft goods and paper products
- High speed (75+ PPM)
- Unmatched tensile strength
- Exceptional clarity for superior packaging
- Aggressive shrink force for multi packaging applications
- High amount of free shrink eliminates wrinkles and corner
- High package yield per roll
- Very low shrinking force
- Reduced roll changeover downtime
- Reduced roll handling requirements
- Reduced wastage
- Extremely easy to use
- Cryovac Xenith Shrink Films
- Cryovac D-940 Shrink Films
- Cryovac MPD-2055 Shrink Film
- Opti 200 Shrink Films
#236, 3rd Main Road, Burma Colony, Perungudi Chennai Tamil Nadu India +918037301649